ZUMBA WITH ABBIE
Pre booking and payment for classes is recommended prior to classes commencing to manage capacity and to avoid disappointment. This is preferred during the current Covid-19 restrictions to avoid manage attendance numbers.
Classes cost £5 per session indoors and £4 per session outdoors. Block booking discounts are available - please contact me to discuss. If you are struggling or unable to afford my classes, discounts are also available to those with financial difficulties.
If you need to change your class booking, please contact me and I will make all reasonable efforts to change your bookings to a mutually agreeable class time.
Strict guidance will be followed in line with Government and relevant sports association rules and guidance to limit the risk of transmission of Covid-19. Participants will be asked to adhere to a 2m square space to dance in and limit contact with others unless from the same household.
Please DO NOT attend any class if you or any member of your household:
- have symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, persistent cough etc
- have tested positive for COVID-19 or await a test result for COVID-19
- as a result of a test, travel or other circumstance are required to self-isolate due to exposure to COVID-19
- have been notified through Track and Track or other means to isolate due to exposure to COVID-19
- have been recommended to self-isolate because you are clinically vulnerable
- have had a COVID-19 vaccination and are feeling unwell and exercise therefore temporarily may not be recommended.
If you are experiencing symptoms of LONG COVID, please speak to the Instructor prior to class so suitable adjustments can be made.
A register of all participants will be taken at each class, either via paper form or QR code scan as condition of entry so that any exposure to COVID-19 will be notified.
Please arrive just before the class to avoid congregating in common areas and wear a mask where possible - this is not required per guidance or recommended DURING EXERCISE.
Please arrive 5 mins early for your first class to fill out and discuss your PAR-Q HEALTH SCREENING FORM to assess suitability for exercise (see information below).
Outdoor classes are located at St Just Rugby Football Club and will take place outdoors. Please wear suitable clothing, footwear and layers for the outdoor environment. Classes will be cancelled in extreme wind and wet so please either join the class Whatsapp Group of the Facebook page for live updates to avoid disappointment. In cases when the class is cancelled due to weather, the option revert to online via Zoom, obtain a full refund or rebook will be considered.
Indoor classes are located at Go! St Just Sports and Fitness Centre. All Centre rules for admission should be followed including all Covid procedures. Please wear a mask/face covering when entering and leaving the facility - these can be taken off (per guidance) during exercise. Please bring limited personal possessions in order to limit the risk of transmission and reduce cleaning required.
ZUMBA GOLD - Zumba Gold classes are lower intensity and are aimed at active older participants, those returning to exercise, recovering from injury or beginners. Please ensure you fully consult the instructor and discuss any medical or health conditions as part of your health screening forms at your first class.
CLASS SIZE AND BOOKING
Classes are limited in size due to Covid restrictions therefore booking is essential either by text or phone or by booking on this website. Payments can be made through this website, directly via Paypal or in person in cash when you attend.
Please note I run my classes privately so am unable to use card machine facilities at venues - please contact me for Paypal or bank transfer details if you prefer not to bring or handle cash.
Online classes are currently paused and will only resume if guidance dictates we cannot meet in person.
Online class credits enable you to participate in one live virtual Zoom class with the instructor. Class credits are non-transferable and not refundable.
Participants are advised to find a safe and clear space at home to exercise, to wear suitable footwear (such as trainers) to prevent injury and have access to water for hydration.
Please do not forward on links to classes unless you have permission from the instructor for security.
Please log on to Zoom 5 mins before class starts and include your name - you will enter a waiting room and be admitted to class thereafter. Please download the latest version of Zoom for optimal performance of the software. You may find connecting your Zoom to a TV screen or speaker gives you an even better class experience. You may find restarting your Wifi before the session and disconnecting other devices connected to your home Wifi network optimises your connection speed.
You do not need to switch your camera on, however please be advised that if the camera is off, the instructor cannot see you to monitor your exercises and prevent injuries.
If your connection is unstable, please log back into the session. The instructor will make all reasonable efforts to readmit you to the session in between tracks.
SUITABILITY FOR EXERCISE - YOUR SAFETY - ALL CLASSES
The instructor reserves the right to conduct health screening to assess your suitability for the class for your own safety and may recommended not participating if GP referral is advised.
HEALTH SCREENING - PLEASE READ AND CONFIRM BEFORE ATTENDING - ALL CLASSES
1. Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor? YES/NO
2. Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity? YES/NO
3. In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity? YES/NO
4. Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness? YES/NO
5. Do you have a bone or joint problem (for example, back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in physical activity? YES/NO
6. Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition? YES/NO
7. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity? YES/NO
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions, then you are required to gain consent from your doctor before participating in the group exercise to music session.
Delay becoming more active if:
- You have a temporary illness such as a cold or fever; it is best to wait until you feel better.
- You are pregnant - talk to your health care practitioner, your physician, a qualified exercise professional, before becoming more physically active.
-Your health changes - talk to your doctor or qualified exercise professional before continuing with any physical activity program.
Please contact me to confidentially discuss any health concerns or worries before participating in a class.